After Early and Traditional Metal a new generation of bands in the United Kingdom were brewing a cultural shift for metal at large. With bands like Diamond Head, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Raven, Venom, and more, came a new energy that strengthened the style. We look into the history of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.
Hosted by Greg Davies from Blendover, the Heavy Metal Historian Podcast delivers to you snippets of tales from years gone by in the world of Metal, one episode at a time.
Metal News Links
- “It’s Electric” by Diamond Head from Lightning to the Nations
- “Prowler” by Iron Maiden from The Soundhouse Tapes
- “The Number of the Beast” by Iron Maiden from The Number of the Beast
- “The Prince” by Diamond Head from Lightning to the Nations
- “Skin on Skin” by Diamond Head from What’s in Your Head?
- “Rock Brigade” by Def Leppard from On Through the Night
- “Excitable” by Def Leppard from Hysteria
- “On and On” by Raven from Stay Hard
- “Denim and Leather” by Saxon from Denim and Leather
- “Wild Catz” by Tygers of Pan Tang from Wild Cat
- “Welcome to Hell” by Venom from Welcome to Hell
- “Race with the Devil” by Girlschool from Demolition
- “War Nation” by Tank from War Nation
- “Cheated” by Praying Mantis from Time Tells No Lies
- “Witching Hour” by Angel Witch from As Above, So Below
- “So This is England” by Dragster from NWOBHM Revisited
- “Breadfan” by Budgie from Never Turn Your Back on a Friend
- “Please Don’t Touch” by Motorhead and Girlschool from St Valentine’s Day Massacre