We voyage back in time to examine the emergence of the bands that followed the Early Metal movement. As the scene was forming up in the Seventies, the word “METAL” began being used to describe the sound. From Alice Cooper and KISS to AC/DC, and to the Metal Gods themselves, Judas Priest, we investigate the Rise of Traditional Heavy Metal.
Hosted by Greg Davies from Blendover, the Heavy Metal Historian Podcast delivers to you snippets of tales from years gone by in the world of Metal, one episode at a time.
Metal News Links
- “Almost Human” by KISS from Love Gun
- “Black Sabbath” by Black Sabbath from Black Sabbath
- “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf from Steppenwolf
- “Rocka Rolla” by Judas Priest from Rocka Rolla
- “School’s Out” by Alice Cooper from School’s Out
- “Hotter Than Hell” by KISS from KISS Alive!
- “Walk This Way” by Aerosmith from Toys in the Attic
- “Tie Your Mother Down” by Queen from Queen
- “Crash Course in Brain Surgery” by Budgie from In for the Kill
- “Hair of the Dog” by Nazareth from Hair of the Dog
- “The Boys are Back in Town” by Thin Lizzy from Jailbreak
- “It’s a Long Way to the Top” by AC/DC from TNT
- “Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again?” by The Angels from The Angels
- “Rock n’ Roll Outlaw” by Rose Tattoo from Rose Tattoo
- “Hell Bent For Leather” by Judas Priest from Killing Machine: Hell Bent For Leather
- “(We are) The Road Crew” by Motorhead from Ace of Spades
- “Enter the Warrior” by Manilla Road from Metal
- “Runnin’ with the Devil” by Van Halen from Van Halen
- “It’s Electric” by Diamond Head from Lightning to the Nations
- “Train Kept a Rollin’” by The Yardbirds from Shape of Things
- “Diamonds and Rust (Demo)” by Judas Priest from Rocka Rolla