The protests, rioting, looting, & arson of Ferguson in 2014 has caused many to recall the events of the LA Race Riots from 1992. Metal is frequently influenced by major events, including the mayhem of unrest – and the groups and songs that came after that time were of no exception. We turn back the clock & look at how the LA Riots influenced Metal…
Hosted by Greg Davies from Blendover, the Heavy Metal Historian Podcast delivers to you snippets of tales from years gone by in the world of Metal, one episode at a time.
Metal News Links
Documentary / News / Video Clips
- “Nemesis” by Arch Enemy from the album Doomsday Machine
- “WMA” by Pearl Jam from the album Vs.
- “We had to tear this Mothafucka up” by Ice Cube from the album The Predator
- “Body Count” by Body Count from the album Body Count
- “Civilized” by Rollins Band from the album Weight
- “Killing in the Name” by Rage Against The Machine from the album RATM
- “Objection Overruled” by Accept from the album Objection Overruled
- “Random Acts of Senseless Violence” by Anthrax from the album Stomp 442
- “Aenema” by Tool from the album Aenima
- “Forgotten (Lost Angels)” by Lamb of God from the album Sacrament
- “Cop Killer” by Body Count (originally) from the album Body Count
- “Down the Drain” by Cyclone Temple from the album My Friend Lonely