If there was a metal subgenre that was one of the most prominent and important, it would be Thrash. The style would be inspirational in the development of crossover genres, the rise of Death Metal and Black Metal; plus much more from around the world. For this episode, we look to where it came from, and it begins earlier than you might think.
Hosted by Greg Davies from Blendover, the Heavy Metal Historian Podcast delivers to you snippets of tales from years gone by in the world of Metal, one episode at a time.
Metal News Links
- “I am the Law” by Anthrax from the album Among the Living
- “Pipeline” by The Chantays from the album Pipeline
- “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” by Black Sabbath from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
- “Parasite” by KISS from the album Hotter Than Hell
- “Stone Cold Crazy” by Queen from the album Sheer Heart Attack
- “Overkill” by Motorhead from the album Overkill
- “Am I Evil?” by Diamond Head from the compilation Am I Evil
- “In League With Satan” by Venom from the album Welcome to Hell
- “Hit The Lights” by Metallica from the demo No Life ’til Leather
- “Ghost Riders in the Sky” by Dick Dale from the album Unknown Territory
- “Black Smoke” by Hirax from the album Immortal Legacy