Through history, bands and artists have taken influence from a variety of sources for lyrical concepts. But it is in the realm of fiction where some metal bands have concentrated some of their energies. For this edition of our show, from classic books to contemporary graphic novels, we examine how literature has influenced Metal…
Hosted by Greg Davies from Blendover, the Heavy Metal Historian Podcast delivers to you snippets of tales from years gone by in the world of Metal, one episode at a time.
Metal News Links
- “Sideshow” by Alice Cooper from the album The Last Temptation
- “Still Life” by Iron Maiden from the album Piece of Mind
- “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” by Iron Maiden from the album Live After Death
- “Misty Mountain Hop” by Led Zeppelin from the album Led Zeppelin IV
- “Misty Mountains” by Howard Shore from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- “Into the Storm” by Blind Guardian from the album Nightfall in Middle Earth
- “The Legend of the Master-Ring” by Summoning from the album Minas Morgul
- “I am the Law” by Anthrax from the album Among the Living
- “Spider-Man” by Ramones from the album We’re Outta Here!
- “Calling Dr. Love” by KISS from the album Rock and Roll Over
- “Horsell Common and the Heat Ray” by Jeff Wayne from the album War of the Worlds
- “Batman Meets Metal” by Eric Calderone available online at YouTube